Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mandarin Wine - 8/11/11

Four years ago Burt and I made wine from my Rangpur Limes. Burt was over recently and saw the tree was full, so suggested doing it again. We stripped the tree clean, then spent the next few hours juicing the fruit. In all, we yielded 3.4 gallons of juice from 4 bins of fruit.

Amit joined us to adjust for fermentation. We added water and sugar to 15 gallons, adjusting the sugar up to 21.5 brix. It tasted great! Rangpur Limes are very intense in flavor. The only question was acidity, which tasted perfect. We didn't want to dilute any more than necessary. It tested out to .86% TA.

No comments: